Monday, December 8, 2008

How Do You Explain the Love of a Mom??

I always thought I knew what my mom meant when she told me that she loved me. She would tell me that no matter what she would always love me. Even through those teenage years, she loved me still! I thought I knew what it meant to love little kids, as each one of my nieces and nephews hold a very special part in my heart. Yet, no one can explain a mothers love. It wasn't until I became a mother that I can truly understand and feel what a mother feels for each child. I never knew that I could sit and watch my little boys for hours and never get bored. I never knew that the screaming, messes, and diaper changes would NOT stop my love for them. How there little smiles melt my heart, and how Tyler can get away with anything with those beautiful, big, blue eyes. It is easy to love them through the happy times, but it is the hard times I find I love them more and more. It doesn't matter if Jace has a bad night and is up every few hours... I still love him the same. It doesn't matter if Tyler spills the goldfish all over the floor or breaks a dish (both happened tonight)... I still love him the same. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for my boys. I guess I will never be able to explain or express how much I love my kids, but when they are grown and have kids of their own, I think they will be able to understand then!!






5 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I am so excited to see Jace, he is a little man! I really liked your post, I definately agree that there is no way to fully understand a mother's love until you are one yourself. The pictures are adorable!

The Minert's said...

Well, can I just say how adorable your family is you guys look so happy! I would have to agree with your post, a mothers love is indescribable...can't wait to see you at Christmas, take care, Summer

Bonnie said...

So true!! Isn't it amazing that we still love our kids SOOO much even after really hard days and being up all night sometimes!
Your kids are so cute and I can't believe how big Jace is getting!

Anne said...

Haley, I cannot believe how much your kids looks like Randy. I love it! So cute. I am overwhelmed daily by the love that flows through me for Drake. It really is amazing.

The Followell Family said...

Ok so you totally made me cry. I love being a mom too. There is nothing those kids can do that would change that. Your boys are so cute. I loved the post about the BUFFS. Tyler so cute and I am sure he has changed so much since we have seen him. I can't wait to see you around Christmas. I am dying to see my new little nephew. Drive safe love you!