Friday, August 29, 2008

Bed Rest... YUCK!!!

I went to the doctor on Wednesday and found out I am now on bed rest. I was in shock. I feel great and things have been going so great with my pregnancy. The baby is in the 12% for his growth rate and my fluids are really low. The doctor is hoping that by resting my fluids will increase. I didn't know what to say when she told me. I asked her what bed rest actually means... I have a 2 year old!!!! She explained I could get on the floor with him, but that it would be hard. Tyler has been so good and he actually keeps me entertained throughout the day. He is making the adjustment right now to me not doing as much with him, so hopefully that will beneficial when the baby is here. I got home from the doctor's office and signed up for Netflix so I watched 27 Dresses while Tyler took his nap. Then Tyler and I watched Tarzan. I am lucky that my job requires me to work on the computer and so that keeps me busy also. I have no excuses for slacking with my job. I have also done some scrapbooking on the computer, so hopefully I can do some catching up. I am anxious to go back to the doctor next week and see what the rest of the pregnancy has in store for me. It is hard not knowing... The baby could be here next week or I could be on bed rest for 3 more weeks.

10 comments:

Missy said...

Bed rest is no fun! You should send Tyler over to my house sometime so you can get some rest! Riley and Ryan would love to play with him!

allison said...

Dang! That is no fun! I'm sorry...I hope it doesn't last 3 weeks!

todd and jeanette said...

on the good note- your brand newly redone kitchen is awesome! so... those walls you'll be staring at are at least nice-looking! ;)
you are in our prayers!!!

Melissa said...

It will work out. don't worry. I will come and get tyler for a few hours if you want.

Milmonster said...

Hi guys! It has been a long time. sorry to hear about the bed rest thing. that cant be fun:(
welcome to the world of bloggin

A&S Milmont

Unknown said...

Oh man Haley I had no idea! I hope that everything get better. Let me know if you need anything!

The Bailey's said...

Hey, I found you on Carissa's blog. That is crummy about the bed rest, but I hope all goes well with the newest addition. We will keep you in our prayers! I am excited for your shower today:)

Bobi Jensen said...

Good luck tomorrow! --Bobi--

Milmonster said...

Haley, My inteview in omaha is on October 17th. we are going to rent a car because I have a lincoln interview on that next monday the 20th. We are flying in thursday evening. If it works out it would be great if we could stay with you guys on that thursday and friday night. send me an e-mail and we can work it out. amilmont@gmail.com
(If those days dont work for you thats ok)

thirdof11 said...

Waiting to see pictures of little Jace (Jayce?)..... :)

Angie