Sunday, February 22, 2009

One Big Happy Family

I have never been very good at following the "books" on my parenting. I do remember once though reading, "NEVER LET YOUR KIDS INTO BED WITH YOU!" Each morning this is what I wake up to... Somehow Randy and I manage to sleep in the bed too! Tyler has gotten so good at sneaking into our bed with us and we will wake up and he is just there. I am so tired when Jace wakes up at night I just pull him into bed with us also. For quite a while I was feeling pretty bad about not following the books as a parent, and then I remembered what a good friend once told me before I even had Tyler. She said "Let them come into bed with you. Before you know it they will be grown up and not want to cuddle at all with you!" I have taken that new approach or maybe I am rationalizing my family bed. I want to be able to treasure each moment I have with my boys and I guess this is just one of those treasured moments for me.















7 comments:

Milmonster said...

Tyler looks so comfortable! I say, forget the books!

The Minert's said...

I 100% agree...they look so dang comfy! We love snuggly with Kaisley in our bed as well, it doesn't get any better than that! Summer

Cassie said...

I agree with you! The boys always climb in bed with me in the mornings when they wake up and sometimes Jordan gets scared at night so he climbs in. Why would I make him go back to somewhere he is afraid of at the moment?

Derrell and Jennifer said...

Oh they look so comfortable! Too cute!!!

The Little's said...

My little girl did the same thing, and I would have let her keep doing it if she wasn't kicking me in the ribs...so I compromised by making her a little bed on the floor right next to me. Almost EVERY morning, after falling asleep in her own bed, there she is, on my floor. I did this with my own parents until I was almost 14. We all need a little love from mom and dad...luckily, William can't get out of his crib, yet, but I'm sure I'll have to let him in the bed, too.

The Highland Hill's said...

I love watching our kids sleep...

Its kind of crazy checking out everyone's blog from the great cheyenne...you all were just too young to have kids...and now that you do its crazy...

You guys might want to check this out... http://www.me2everyone.com/165132

The Minert Family said...

Hi Randy & Haley,
How are you guys doing, i havent seen your baby yet and he is so cute, i just saw your blog on chris and summers and so now we can keep up, anyways good to see the family. holli